Sunday, September 6, 2009

3 Day Project part 1


Yesterday afternoon I began my three day project in Takadanobaba, not to far from where I am staying. I posted up around the station, outside of the Big Box with the goal of observing people as they went about their daily business. Everyone coming in and out of the station is in a hurry, which is something I have noticed in my time here in Tokyo. They breeze past the people on the street soliciting various restaurants as if they did not exist. After about 10 minutes of nothing too eventful happening I journeyed into the Big Box arcade to continue to my observation. It was relatively crowded, which is no surprise seeing as how every arcade I have gone into since I have arrived has been at least half full. I watched people from every generation playing and competing in a wide array of games. A teenager was playing some type crazy fighting game with robots, while some 4o year old man in a business suite played tekken. At this point I decided to head in and return to the same spots tomorrow ( later today at this point) with a notepad to continue my three day project.

No comments:

Post a Comment